Foundation piecing creates wonky stripes. Button give the illusion of fifty stars!
Two convenient side pockets.
Six interior pockets. Optional snap closure.
Old Gloria Handbag by Kate Jones. She used the fabric handle option.
Old Gloria Handbag by Kate Jones. Instructions for kitty NOT included!
Old Gloria Handbag by Nicole Gustafson. She used the fabric handles option.
Old Gloria Handbag by Janice Hedberg. She used red, white and blue friut fabrics and a flexible 12" rope handle.
Old Gloria Handbag by Janice
Hedberg. She used star fabric instead of buttons and created a beaded handle.
Old Gloria Handbag -
Item #: QBN020
(100% cotton, Non-directional fabrics recommended):
- 1 fat quarter white for flag stripes
- 2/3 yd red for flag stripes, interior pockets, and
- 2/3 yd blue for flag field, sides, side pockets,
lining, and optiona handles
- 1/3 yd 42" wide single-sided
fusible fleece (e.g. Pellon Fusible Thermaloam® Plus)
- 1-3/4 yd 20" wide,
medium weight fusible interfacing (e.g. Pellon 931TD)
- 1-1/4 yd of 1/2" wide elastic
- One pair 13" flexible purse handles or
rigid purse handles with a 6-1/2" span
- 75 - 100 1/4" to 1/2" white/off-white buttons (or use blue star fabric)
- Matching thread
- Two - 3/4" magnetic snaps
- 10" x 10" remnant of star fabric for flag field (if not using buttons)
- 3-1/2" x 13" piece of heavy, heat-resistant template plastic for
- 8" x 16" fabric
scrap for bottom insert
- Size 14 or 90/14 sewing machine needle
- Micron Fabric Marking Pen (0.005) or equivalent permanent marking pen
- Chalk Pencil